The University of Auckland Young New Zealander of the Year Award acknowledges those aged 15 to 30 who are outstanding and exceptional young New Zealanders. Nominees should be young people who are striving to improve themselves and their communities and are brimming with the potential to produce a bright future for New Zealand.
The Young New Zealander of the Year Award gives special recognition to honour and encourage our leaders of tomorrow and promote youth leadership. Nominate a special young person you know between 15-30 years for this award.
The judges will consider the following criteria when considering the nomination:
- Their contribution and benefit to society
- Initiatives demonstrated in a leadership capacity
- The involvement in establishing and / or setting the direction of a group, organisation or cause in which they have been involved
- Guidance, support, training and encouragement of group members
- Effort in working toward goals
- Commitment in terms of time / hours commited paid or unpaid
- Commitment to their own personal development by participation in courses, forums, conventions, community activities and other training or educational opportunities nationally or globablly
- Value of contribution to their local community and / or nation or globally