To be eligible for this award, the nominee must be aged over 70 years and continue to make a positive contribution in Aotearoa, following their career in any service, sector or field. The nominee must be a role model to the wider community, particularly over the past 12-months.
Nominators should consider talking about the following areas in their nomination:
- THE NOMINEE: Describe the person you are nominating and what they’ve done later in life to inspire you to nominate them as 2023 Ryman Healthcare Senior New Zealander of the Year Te Mātāpuputu o te Tau.
- PURPOSE: Who benefits from the work, contribution, or influence of this person - and how?
- LEADERSHIP & SERVICE: How does this person set a positive example of being a senior member of the community - showing potential for making change at any age.
- COMMITMENT: Describe the commitment of time, risks, and challenges overcome to create an impact to this point (this may still be ongoing). What have they done that has gone above and beyond following their career, achievements, or service to create change and give back?
- PROVEN IMPACT: How has this person clearly demonstrated a positive impact in their area of influence? How has this been measured?
- LONG-TERM IMPACT: If known, how does the nominee plan to continue, grow, and/or adapt their work, contribution, or influence going forward? How would winning this award impact this person and the work that they are doing?
Conditions of Entry